December 23, 2011

Sweet Mely turns ONE!!

I don't know why taking a few minutes of my day to sit down and write about my family seems so daunting at times?! I think I have definitely been caught up in the busy-ness of life and feeling the ever mounting pressure to "get it all done" before I can take some time for myself, thus preventing me the simple pleasure of journaling about life. But my sweet sweet Melody turned 1 yesterday and dang it I'm determined to write about it!! (even if I am frantic that she will wake up early from her nap and distract me from the computer)

So yesterday was Melody's 1st Birthday and I found myself thinking back to the day she was born and how much she has really changed our lives since we first laid eyes on her. We delivered at St. David's North 12/22/10 and were out of the hospital by Christmas Eve. Even though last year was her first Christmas, I was so exhausted from labor and was completely sleep depraved that it was all kind-of a blur! I'm definitely looking forward to being fully present this Christmas! Without trying to sound too sappy, I really cannot believe how God has blessed me and Ryan with such an amazing little girl. During my entire pregnancy I would try to hard to imagine what she might look and be like, but she is more amazing than I could have ever dreamed up! She is such a good-natured baby and always smiling and laughing. Melody's giggling just makes me laugh right along with her, it's infectious! She has developed quite the little personality the past few months and is so animated and silly with her sounds and faces. 

  We had Melody's 1stBirthday party last Sunday and here are a few of her in her cute little birthday outfit! This is the first tutu I ever made so I was very proud that it actually turned out like it was supposed to :) She fussed for a few min when we first put it on her and then she wore it well the rest of the day. Thank you to all of you who made it out to celebrate her big day!!






Melody and I got to spend her actual birthday together...just mama and baby time :) We started off the day getting all dressed up to see Santa (which she was terrified of) and having lunch with our good friends Kristie and Kaleb. After a few errands we spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing (aka her taking a nap and me frantically trying to get our house cleaned before Christmas). That night Ryan, Melody, and I went to see Christmas lights up in Round Rock. This one house was ridiculously decked out...I think Mely really enjoyed it. I might have enjoyed it more but it's okay to still love Christmas lights as an adult right?! Overall it was a great day and a chance to reflect back on the year, trying to really soak it all in.









I love you sweet Melody and can't wait to see what this next year of your life will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment