September 4, 2010

Baby Registry, 24 Weeks

It feels like so much has happened this past week! I finally went out and started to register for baby items...and am completely overwhelmed with all the planning! My good friend Heather was amazing enough to help me register at Babies R Us (she is an incredible mom to 2 year old Brooks with baby girl Laney on the way). After 3 1/2hrs I finally had to stop and will need to go back for a few more items. I've also created an additional registry at BuyBuyBaby after scoping it out online and preferring some of the larger items they sold. It's kind of ridiculous how many things are recommended for new babies; from a swing, to stroller, to bouncer, to bumbo...and the list goes on and on. I'm still running across things that I've missed. I mean, where are we really going to put all this stuff!! My dreams almost every night this past week or two have reflected the underlying stress I feel about picking out baby items. I just have to trust that we will somehow manage to get all we need and know I'll have plenty of support and advice from family and fellow moms! In the meantime, I will continue to plan and update my registries as best I can :) Here is Heather and I with our little girl outfits at Babies R Us!




So I am coming to the end of my 24 weeks and can't believe how fast this pregnancy is progressing. My belly has really started to show for sure, to the point where people that come into my work are asking me how far along I am. Which is a great feeling because I have felt pregnant for so long! For a quick update, my job situation has changed slightly in the past few weeks. I have switched from waiting tables at the Melting Pot to becoming a host for the remainder of my pregnancy. Working long hours and standing on my feet all night was really starting to take a toll on my body, so hosting is a much better fit! In addition to hosting I will continue to counsel around 4-6 clients/week. What I'm really excited about, though, is the nanny-ing I am starting this next week for some friends of ours at church! Keven and Amanda Reichle have a beautiful 13 week old daughter named Addison that I have the pleasure of hanging out with 3 days a week while Amanda transitions back into work. I am so excited to help them out and to get a few months practice in with her before Melody gets here! I feel so blessed to have this time to really experience what it will be like being a mother as I prepare for one of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment