December 5, 2010

Now we wait...

The McDaniel's are ready!


Now that i'm officially done working, we are anxiously awaiting baby Melody's soon arrival! My due date is the 21st of this month (#1 most frequently asked question) but I'm hoping she'll decide to grace us with her presence a little earlier than that! At my last doctors appointment my doctor said I was already dilated almost 2 inches and that if she had to bet I probably wouldn't make it another two weeks! However, I've learned from fellow moms that this could not necessarily mean much and I still have just a good of chance of going full all the way to 40 weeks. Either way I am thankful to know that Melody is measuring on track and is "in position" to deliver well. I will be going in Tuesday for my 38 Week check-up so hopefully she's made some progress since my last visit. Who knows, i might be going into labor this week...it's just a waiting game at this point!

Nursery in progress...


Ryan and I have enjoyed the holiday season so far and are looking forward to spending Christmas in Austin again this year with all our friends and family. We enjoyed a relaxing Thanksgiving day at my aunt's house w/my mom's side of the family. Ryan's parents also came into town and cooked up some wonderful Thanksgiving grub for Ryan and I to enjoy this past week. We haven't quite put up any decorations yet but should have a few things out in the next few days or so. I've been a little preoccupied with baby items and getting the nursery ready/organized :) There's a few more final touches that need to be made, but most of her things are washed and ready for use! I've included a few pictures in the last month. Is it just me or is my belly really started to pop out there?!!

Thanksgiving

Bentley's protective nature is already kicking in!

37 Week Belly

3 comments:

  1. Minor overlooked detail. My dad graciously pointed out that I was probably only 2 centimeters dilated NOT 2 inches...whoops! That's what I get for posting an update when I'm tired after a long day, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that pretty tummy! I can't wait to meet the little girl who's hiding in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Keep us updated! I look forward to holding sweet Melody. Love, Aunt Kathryn

    ReplyDelete